- So you officially own a new home — congrats! Before you get settled, there are a few things expert homeowners recommended doing in your first year.
- Take some time to set reasonable expectations and goals as a homeowner, and start with small changes before jumping into major renovations.
- When making changes, plan ahead — inspect your house, learn about protocols and programs in your local area, and invest in the right people and tools for the job.
- Homeowners also suggested creating an ongoing maintenance schedule to keep your home in great shape throughout seasons.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Between all the financial finagling, neighborhood research, inspections, and more, the process of buying a house can be a chaotic one. But once closing day comes and goes, the moment you’ve been waiting for arrives: You’re officially a homeowner!
Whether you bought a fixer upper and you’re