The Unified Communications-as-a-service (UCaaS) sector has evolved rapidly in recent years. UCaaS has taken the business world by storm, and there’s no sign yet of a let-up in momentum with the shift to managing remote teams. Transparency Market Research predicts the UC market will be worth $79.3 billion by 2024.
It’s fair to assume that by 2024 UC solutions will be very different from those we see today. What, though, are the trends that will shape the sector in the new decade? While there’s no way to know for sure, the following look set to have a significant impact on the future of UCaaS:
- Increased influence of AI for smart UC
- Continued decline of traditional hardware and systems
- Even more intelligent conferencing & meeting features
- More influence of open platform processes
- SD-WAN to become an undisputed standard
AI & Smart UC