Designing a site is easy with the website builder tool!
Yes, you don’t have to be a pro in programming language to understand the functionality of a website builder. It has in-built features that work based on artificial intelligence and want the user to provide information, and the rest of the things will be done by the tool.
Looks easy, right? Well, website builders are designed keeping in mind the needs of non-technical website owners. You can also manage your website easily due to the menu-driven system provided by website builder tools.
If you are a beginner at designing websites using a site builder, this post is for you. Continue reading!
Before you jump into the website building process, make sure that:
- You have a domain and web hosting account (register one if you don’t have one)
- You have an email ID and website builder tool account (register one if you don’t have one)
- You know that website builder tools come with their limitations and restrictions, so before choosing the website builder tool, research its limitations and restrictions on your website size, website type, etc. And confirm if the website builder tool satisfies your needs.
- You have website building experience or are willing to learn website building using the website builder software provided by the website builder company.
- You don’t want to hire a web designer for designing your website because in the future, if you decide to change/rebuild a website, then it will be very costly as designing a website from scratch will require a lot of time and money.
Let’s understand the above gives points in detail.
Choosing a web host:
You will need a web hosting service to host your website. This website hosting is also the space where website files and folders are kept in a remote location on the internet. Website builder tools don’t offer their own website hosting services, so make sure that you have a website hosting account with any reputed company before going ahead with the website.
Choosing a Domain Name:
Before you choose a website builder tool, make sure that you have a website hosting service. Now the next thing is to get a website URL or website name. The website name has some restrictions according to some website builder tools providers which are listed below:
- Only numbers and letters are allowed in the website URL.
- The website name can’t use any special character and underscore (_) symbol.
- The website name can’t contain any website builder tool trademark.
- If your website URL or website name is already registered with another person, you will have to choose a different website name as registering the same website name again might create problems later on as two websites under one domain name cannot be functional.
Choosing A Website Builder:
Now you have a website hosting and website name ready. It’s time to choose a website builder tool. Make sure that:
- You research well about website builder tools and review their positive and negative points before choosing it.
- Verify all things you can do on the website builder platform, such as website content creation, website design, and website management.
- Verify what website hosting plan (shared website hosting or dedicated website hosting) is provided by the website builder tool company for website building and their corresponding charges as if you choose the wrong website builder tool, then it might be very costly to alter your website’s web hosting plan.
- Verify if website builder tools provide website analytics reports or website stats so that you can track the website visits and visitors’ geographical location.
- You don’t want to take tension about website security as website builder platforms do not offer website security features, so take the help of a website hosting company for website security.
Now you have the website name ready; the website hosting account is also ready; the website analytics website provides website stats and website security. Now it’s time to choose a website builder tool that satisfies all your needs.
So, take your first step towards creating your website today!