If you are someone who has little or even no idea about what is PPC, what is PPC management, why is it important, and what things are included in its management, then this blog is just the thing that you were searching for. By the time we reach the end of this blog, we expect you to have much more knowledge and understanding of PPC and PPC Management where you find yourself in a better position to make any choice or decision. So, without wasting much of your time, let us dive directly into it.
What is PPC and PPC management?
The term PPC stands for pay per click. It is a model of internet marketing wherein the advertisers have to pay a fee for every time someone clicks on their ads. In simpler terms, one can understand the pay-per-click model of advertising as one in which the advertiser pays for buying visits to their website mostly in situations when they are not able to attract more traffic to their website for making sales organically. So, to get the sales that you want to get and to advertise your website or brand for a little money, but you need to pay every time someone clicks on your website.
Understanding what pay per click is, it becomes quite obvious what PPC management could mean. But just for the record and to remove all doubts relating to PPC management we will try to explain PPC management in the simplest terms that we can. Pay per click management is essentially a process wherein the company or agency that you hire, performs the task of overseeing and managing your ad spend on the PPC campaign. You can hold this company that you have hired for PPC management, accountable for everything starting right from strategizing your ads to deciding a budget and maximizing profits and finally making conversions from the ad campaign.
Now that you have understood what is PPC management, the next obvious question in your mind is likely to be what all does this management process involve which makes it so important to have a professional agency or firm to handle everything for you or your brand.
So, let us analyze what all things are included in PPC management:
What does PPC management include?
- Keyword research – The first and foremost step and one of the most crucial elements of effective PPC management is the research about the keywords that people usually search for. You could spend millions on advertising your brand but still will not be anywhere in front of your ideal customer or anywhere near sales if you do not put in the time and effort to research on the keywords that your audience normally uses and searches for while looking for products or service similar to what you sell. So, this is one of the most important elements and the foundation steps for successfully managing an effective PPC campaign. Professional management agencies know exactly you should go about doing this keyword research that can help your audience discover your online presence.
- Targeting Channels – The next step or element of effectively managing a pay per click campaign is to select the channels that you want to target the most. Something not based on your preference but conversely based on where your ideal audience spends the majority of their time while they are online. This also includes the platforms that your target audience and potential customers usually use to search for products and services similar to the ones that you offer. So, finding a channel to target after extensive research about your target group and then creating content that suits best on the channel is the next step that ensures effective PPC management and is crucial if you want to get more conversions from the campaign that you are investing your time, money, and effort in.
- Analyzing your competition – There is hardly any business owner or manager who does not know how important it is to analyze your competition to improve your sales figures. This case does not change even with the PPC campaign. Interestingly this analysis of your competitors and their strategy cannot just give you an edge over them but also help you in saving some extra dollars that you can always use against them by investing more in your PPC campaign. The only thing that you need to do to take care of this element of PPC management is to closely analyze what keywords and platforms are your competitors targeting, why are they doing so and what response are they are getting. Researching about this can not only help you to say some crucial extra dollars but also much time and effort and so is an important step for managing any PPC campaign effectively and successfully.
- Monitoring the Campaign – Once you have researched about the channel and the words that you want to target your ideal customers with and have a good idea about your competitor’s campaign, you are ready to start launching your campaigns. But this should initially be done on a smaller scale and trial basis. This is so because at this point you need to monitor how well or poor your PPC campaign is performing. This helps you in getting a better idea about what things can potentially work for you when you launch your pay per click campaign on a much larger level with more investment. This step of monitoring your campaign is very crucial for saving you some extra dollars.
- Optimizing and Upscaling – The final most important step that you are then able to take after all these efforts is of optimizing and upscaling the campaign. Once you analyze the rate of return on investment for the campaigns, you can optimize it based on the top-performing keywords and campaign theme. Once done with the optimization part, you are good to go to upscale your investment to reach more audiences and get more positive results.
The Last Line:
Although it is not feasible to hire a professional when you have a limited budget and cannot invest much in hiring an expert professional agency, if you have the budget, it is always more sensible to outsource your work of PPC management This will help you in getting better and faster results and will also buy you more time to invest in other productive activities.